[Bf.Nut] was formed on early 2004 as a casual, Battlefield 1942 group of players who played the game avidly at the now-defunct E-Games, a once white hot popular gaming location at Orchard Cineleisure. Three former Counter-Strike veterans made the decision to switch, because of fatigue from the very active, yet juvenile community and its two-dimensional game mechanics.
Time had passed by, and the clan existed in obscurity until its debut in a friendly match against -]DF[- at E-Games. [Bf.Nut] was heavily underestimated prior to the match and it resulted in a wave of shock throughout the local Battlefield 1942 community.
[Bf.Nut] was the undisputed king of Battlefield 1942 at the time, having garnered numerous victories over the older and more well-established clans, was dubbed the “Undefeated group to be reckoned with”.
Despite a dearth of competitions in support of Battlefield 1942, it could be noted that the clan existed and put in time and effort for training, through the sheer passion for the game which has put the clan in good stead.
It's strength had lain in friendship between each and every one of its members, and it still does to this day. Each and every one of [Bf.Nut]'s members regarded themselves as 'Brothers', and its significance is displayed when longtime former members still ask after the clan's well-being.
Contrary to popular practice and opinion in the Battlefield 1942 community, the clan had a strong disdain for online training, and insisted on LAN (Local Area Network) training. Although costly over the long term, the practice had paid off so well, that even rival clan, [SAF] started its own regular LAN training sessions.
It was through strong friendship and bonding amongst the clan's players, and frequent LAN training where the players could collaborate face to face that produced teamwork strong enough for one member of a team to know what another would be doing, without voicing his intentions, which is not unlike the sort of teamwork at play in a Commando 5-man squad.
This same, proven formula has done well for the clan through the five years since its founding, and transitions through multiple games, when most gaming clans tend to disintegrate within one year, or even one transition to another game.
[Bf.Nut] has had many opportunities to grow together, having attained worldwide 24th ranking in an online World Tournament on March 2006. To date, the clan has involved itself significantly amongst the communities in various games, such as Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and BlackShot. Though not dominant outside of the Battlefield game, the clan has done well, having attained a surmountable number of victories such as Champion for the World Cyber Games '08 Open Category in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and 1st Runner-Up for the World Cyber Games '09 Preliminary rounds in BlackShot.
Looking ahead to the future, [Bf.Nut] is eagerly lying in wait for the next big Battlefield title, in the same franchise where the clan could be argued to truly belong to. Battlefield 1943 is presently out for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms. Come 2010, Battlefield 1943 will invade the shores of the PC, and [Bf.Nut] will be there.AccoladesBattlefield 1942
- 2004 April, [Bf.Nut] vs 21st Panzer Division, Champion
- 2004 July, [Bf.Nut] vs -]DF[-, Champion
- 2004 October, [Bf.Nut] vs [ASB], Champion
- 2004 December, [Bf.Nut] vs [XHYDRO], Champion
- 2005 January, [Bf.Nut] vs [ASB], Champion
- 2005 February, [Bf.Nut] vs [SAF], Champion
- 2005 March, [Bf.Nut] vs [SAF], ChampionVitalSign
- 2004 November, Hello Singtel!, 2nd Runner Up (TDM)
- 2004 November, Hello Singtel!, Champion (FFA)
- 2004 December, GXL Season 01, 1st Runner Up
- 2005 February, LANLabs, ChampionBattlefield 2
- 2005 June, E-Games BF2 Launch, 1st Runner Up + 2nd Runner Up + 3rd Runner Up
- 2005 July, Malaysia BF2 Launch, Champion
- 2005 August, GameAxis BF2 Tournament, Champion + 2nd Runner Up
- 2005 October, Barracuda Juggernaut Tournament, Champion + 1st Runner Up + 2nd Runner Up
- 2006 March, BF2 World Tournament Top 24
- 2006 March, EA Play, Champion + 1st Runner Up
- 2006 July, GXL Season 01 BF2, Champion + 1st Runner Up
- 2006 August, Starhub Master Series, Champion + 1st Runner Up
- 2006 August, Starhub Master Series, 2v2 Mini Competitions, Champion (Armor, Heli, Aviator)
- 2006 November, Malaysia CELgames, ChampionBattlefield 2142
- 2006 November, Fragnetics BF2142 Tournament, Champion
- 2006 December, Asia Pacific BF2142, Champion
- 2007 March, EA Play - Battle of the Titans, 4th Runner Up
- 2007 June, The New Paper Cyber Challenge, Champion + 1st Runner Up + 2nd Runner Up
- 2007 August, GXL Season 01 BF2142, Champion + 2nd Runner Up
- 2007 September, South Africa rAge BF2142, Champion (Bf.Nut / ASF)Crysis
- 2008 March, EA Play, Singapore Qualifier, Top 8 (FFA)Battlefield 2
- 2008 June, The New Paper Cyber Challenge BF2, Champion + 1st Runner Up + 2nd Runner UpCall of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- 2008 June, CoD4:MW Singapore Invitational, 1st Runner Up + 2nd Runner Up
- 2008 July, CoD4:MW Samsung King of the Hill Season 2, 2nd Runner Up
- 2008 August, World Cyber Games CoD4:MW Singapore Open Category, Champion
- 2008 September, Sunway Cyber Games, Malaysia, 3rd Runner Up (Team)
- 2008 September, Sunway Cyber Games, Malaysia, Top 8 (FFA)
- 2008 September, World GameMaster Tournament Singapore, 1st Runner Up + 2nd Runner UpBlackShot
- 2009 March, Interschool E-Gaming Challenge, Top 16Sudden Attack
- 2009 March, The Official Sudden Attack Launch, 3rd Runner UpCall of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- 2009 July, Asian Call of Duty 4 Championship (Online League), Top 8BlackShot
- 2009 June, World Cyber Games SAFRA Champion's League, 1st Runner Up
- 2009 June, World Cyber Games Funan League, 1st Runner Up
- 2009 June, Cyber Gaming Festival '09, 1st Runner Up
- 2009 June, World Cyber Games, BlackShot Singapore Open Category, 3rd Runner Up